Neese Automotive Presents an Auto Maintenance Checklist for Summer
If you’re the type that likes to get under the hood and do-it-yourself, here’s a handy checklist of items that you should address to ensure your automobile is in shape for the summer!
If you are less mechanically inclined or just prefer to have an auto professional handle your auto maintenance, contact Neese Automotive online or call 850-862-6868 to make an appointment today!
7 Tips for Summer Car Care
1) Check your cooling system – Coolant should be flushed and replaced every two years. Also, check your A/C system for signs of leakage and make sure it is cooling properly. Neese Automotive is offering a FREE A/C Check! Give us a call today to schedule!
2) Get under the hood – No one wants to break down on a scorching hot summer day. If you’ve been noticing problems with how the car sounds or when it drives, idles or starts, address these issues and have them repaired.
3) Change your oil – Most vehicles require an oil change every 3,000 – 5,000 miles; however, this number can change depending your average mileage.
4) Rotate the tires – This should be done every 6,000 miles so that any wear and tear or alignment and suspension issues can be addressed. Getting this done on a regular basis ensures you get the best mileage from your tires!
5) Replace your filters – This isn’t limited to the air filter. There are oil, fuel, transmission, and PCV valve filters that all require regular maintenance.
6) Batteries, Hoses, Belts – Oh my! Inspect your battery, hoses, and belts for signs of wear. These items degrade over time. Look for frays or cracks in belts and bulges or leaks from hoses. If you aren’t sure where to find all of these items, contact Neese Automotive online or call 850-862-6868 and we will be happy to inspect them for you!
7) Exterior Items – Things like your windshield wipers, lights and tires should be checked more often than many other parts on your vehicle. Do a weekly check of tire pressure and make sure the tread is in good shape. Look at all of your lights, from headlights to brakes and blinkers to make sure they are functioning properly. Windshield wipers should be replaced every six months.