Neese Automotive is a leading auto repair company in Fort Walton Beach. Our team of technicians are knowledgeable in a range of services from oil changes, diesel repair, air conditioning services, clutch repairs, and more!
Here are a few traveling tips from our team of technicians.
- Have your children sit in the back seat.
- Infants, under 20 lbs, should be in a rear-facing car seat with a harness.
- Toddlers weighing 20-40 lbs should be in a seat with a harness at or above their shoulders.
- Finally, for young children over 40 lbs, should sit in a booster seat making the seat belt fit snug across their chest.
- Traveling with children can be stressful; bring along toys, video cames, books, or portible DVD players to keep them from getting restless.
- Stay awake during your trip.
- Sleep is a big factor in staying awake on a long road trip. Some may stay up packing last minute to make sure they have everything they need. Adults need 7-9 hours of sleep before a long trip. 8 1/2 – 9 1/2 hours of sleep is needed for teens.
- Make sure your passenger is awake to keep you awake. If you’re feeling tired, change drivers.
- Avoid any medications that might make you drowsey, which includes algery or cold medication.
- Know when you’re getting tired, which are drifting, yawning repeatedly, difficulty focusing.
- Make stops every few hours. This will force you to get out of the car and stretch your legs.
- Avoid motion or car sickness by cracking a window, driving at the same speed, and eat lighter meals.
- Get your car checked before going on long road trips. You don’t want to have to call a tow truck in the middle of a long trip. Neese Automotive has technicians that are knowledgeable in all areas of car repairs. Mention you are going on a road trip and you want the car checked before going on the long journey.
Auto Repair Fort Walton Beach
Contact Neese Automotive at 850-862-6868 for your car repair questions today!